My Weight Loss Progress:
This includes about 16 lbs. lost on my preop diet. I've lost the rest since surgery.

Sunday, March 6, 2011

Fried Rice

I made some fried rice the other day...so good! It's also very inexpensive to make and healthy. It isn't low-carb, but, because it's made with brown rice, it has no processed carbs. It's a great once-a-week-cooking recipe because it's even better as leftovers!

The other day I made it plain (no meat) and served it with teriyaki marinated broiled flank steak on the side. Today I'm going to make it with chicken in it. You could toss in whatever veggies/meat you like, but here's my basic recipe:

cooking spray
1 egg (if I were to double or triple this recipe, I'd use 1 whole egg and the rest would be egg whites)
1 T canola oil
1 t sesame oil
1 cup cooked brown rice
1/2 cup frozen peas/carrots mix (defrosted)
soy sauce (to taste)

Spray a medium-size skillet (or wok) with cooking spray and scramble the egg until barely cooked. Set aside. Add the oil to the wok. When the oil is hot, add the rice and vegetables and stir-fry until hot. Add egg back to wok and stir-fry together briefly, then add soy sauce and stir-fry until rice is dry. Serve hot, or warm, or cold, or reheated... :) Makes 4 sleeve friendly servings.

No comments:

Post a Comment