My Weight Loss Progress:
This includes about 16 lbs. lost on my preop diet. I've lost the rest since surgery.

Thursday, January 28, 2010

Asian Chicken Coleslaw

I've made this before with bottled dressing, but this time I made my own. Full of healthy fats and a fair amount of protein (ok, and some junk. I love me some top ramen!). YUM!


Asian Chicken Coleslaw
2 T natural peanut butter
1/2 c. dark sesame oil
1/4 c rice vinegar (+ more to taste)
1/4 c soy sauce (+ more to taste)
1/2 seasoning packet from top ramen
pinch of sugar to taste
8 cups coleslaw mix (a 16 oz bag)
1 c. bean sprouts
12 oz grilled chicken breast (I used the premade ones from Tyson)
2 packages ramen noodles (yes, a calorie splurge - you could leave them out to save 38 calories of pure junk per serving)

Crush the ramen noodles and toast them in a saucepan. In the meantime, whisk together peanut butter, oil, vinegar, soy sauce and 1/2 seasoning packet. Add more vinegar, soy sauce, or sugar to taste.

Toss veggies, chicken, toasted ramen noodles and dressing together (personally, I like my coleslaw soggy so I mix it all at once. You could also mix together individual servings as you eat them, if you prefer).

Makes 20 - 1/2 cup servings, with 94 calories, 4 g of fat, 7 g of carbs, and 5.5 g of protein.

No comments:

Post a Comment